Tuesday, November 16, 2004
I am hacking LangageEditor for few days. LanguageEditor and Babel system is one of major feature of new Squeakland image. You can use multiple language in same Squeak. We have to change words of vocabulary for user interface depend on language, the dictionary of Babel is used for it. My goal is to make it easier editing dictionary. Sometimes, a good engineer is not a good writer. So we need a way of collaborating for making dictionary by both user and programmer. Actually current LanguageEditor is not useful because its output file is internal binary format. I think we should able to exchange, make diff, and be under version control. So I decided to make the file as text. Today I could almost finish the task. I use basic file out (chunk) format for dictionary. I'm going to post the fix when I finish the test in Japanese.