website | twitter

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A group exhibition "First Passage"

I'm going to Osaka in the chiristmas season to join the exhibition. This is a kind of "college reunion show" and all of artists were students of Prof. Hitoshi Nomura. I'm very excited to see old friends of the sculpture course. Now I'm quite busy to build a new version of wooden half adder. This is my first exhibition since 1999 anyway. Time is running so fast.

First Passage

ARTCOURT Gallery Tenmabashi 1-8-5, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0042 Japan

Hitoshi Nomura, Koji Nishimatsu, Kawai+Okamura, Osamu Kokufu, Tamaki Nagatani, Takashi Yamamiya, Yui Ishiyama, Kohei Nawa, Yasutaka Yamada, Yoshihiko Maeda, Ichiro Okada, Takao Machiba, Kenta Ogaya, Takayuki Okamoto, SHINCHIKA, Yasuyoshi Uchiyama and Taro Okumura

  • December 15 - 26, 2009
  • Gallery Hours: 11:00 - 19:00 ( - 17:00 on Saturdays) Closed on Sundays
  • Event : Artists Talk Show
  • Saturday, Dec.19, 14:00 - 15:30 (*15:30 - 17:00 Reception)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Takashi! Very interesting stuff here! You seem to be bridging your background in sculpture with Computer Science! I have a background in computer science and I am now in art school studying art and design! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dJsLiM!
    I think computer science and art share a lot in common. When you write a program, you have to inject your beauty sense into the code. And logical thinking is powerful tool to make "art" stuff. It is quite worthwhile learning both fields like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! BTW, Here's a video I made recently that I thought you might enjoy!

    http://vimeo.com/8184534

    Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.