website | twitter

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Things in my mind recently

A couple of people asked me about this blog, so I add a new post finally. Because I don't spent my major time for Squeak recently, I changed the title of it with more general flavor than "Squeak Everyday". But "Workspace" is still a keyword from Smalltalk. What I am doing everyday is still dynamic hacking with / without computer.

I'm quite interested in relationship among programming and documentation. It was 80' when Knuth wrote about literate programming http://www.literateprogramming.com/knuthweb.pdf. In this article, he seems to be too excited about his idea that a program is a literature. How far we have elaborated the idea since then. Yes, from Emacs's documentation to JavaDoc, there are a lot of great works. But I'm not sure those are really literature, in other words, those are fun to read. In fact, although I am really fun of API documentation as a hacker, it could be more entertainment. That's what I am thinking these day.

When I was working on my old work http://metatoys.org/propella/js/workspace.cgi/Home (2007), such idea was in my mind, too. And I'm going to visit it again.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.