website | twitter

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Keyboard Control

Croquet was released! We have some discussions in squeak-ja mailing list, too. A lot of people are interested in this new version. I am going to introduce this news in Kansai Open Source Conference next week. Anyway, my today's work was operation with keyboard. Now we can control a soldier character along cursor keys. To realize this feature, what I concerned was where should I put event handling. In normal, event handling is in user camera and each tframe object at pointer, but in the game, we need special keyboard operation like space bar to jump. So I put some trick into TUserCamera >> keyStroke: then I added ability for control general keyboard handling into TSpace. Current my work was about TeaTime Croquet, but I am going to port for jasmine asap. After I collect the change sets of the work, I am going to post these codes (especially, not game specific codes) at mantis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.